The U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Chemical Biological Center (DEVCOM Chemical Biological Center) has over 25 unique facilities that provide full life-cycle support to chemical and biological protection, detection, and monitoring activities.
Some of the buildings are capable of handling items contaminated with chemical, biological or radiological materials, and represent few of the only structures in the nation equipped to handle unknown toxic items. In addition, many of these facilities are independently accredited by international organizations and operate under Good Laboratory Practices protocols.
Facilities at a glance:
- $1.8 billion in facilities, equipment
- 1.22 million square feet of laboratory and chamber space
- Sophisticated environmental controls
- Explosive containment chambers
- Robotic components
- 317 chemical surety hoods
- 66 BSL-2 and BSL-3 hoods
- 3 Toxic test chambers
- 30 Multi-purpose mobile platforms for air monitoring
- 30 operational mobile laboratories with hoods and glove boxes